rest in your God-breathed worth.
stop holding your breath, hiding your gifts,
ducking your head, dulling your roar, distracting your soul, stilling your hands, quieting your voice,
and satiating your hunger
with the lesser things of this world.
~sarah bessey, jesus feminist
Friday, November 5, 2010
Time to clean out your closets & basements... find those lovely housewares that you never use... and turn them into something you love!
i'm shamelessly copying Nester and her Swap Party... i found several boxes of beautiful things that i never use, and i know someone out there would be able to use them! so here's the basics: you bring stuff you like but don't use. you pick up some stuff that you love & will use all the time! you eat some food, talk to some friends, and have a morning of fun. win-win-win, if you ask me!
here are the details:
- Saturday, November 13 from 9:30-11:30 a.m. at my house! let me know if you need the address.
- 15 women only!! if you RSVP, i'll let you know if you're on the waiting list or if you're IN! if this works, we'll do it again.
- drop your items off at my house on thursday or friday (11th or 12th), and i'll make our display tables organized & beautiful!
- you'll receive a 'tag' for each item you bring, up to 5 items. this means you will get to choose 5 new items to take home with you!
- items accepted: housewares & home decor, which includes lamps, pictures, frames, decorative accents, bowls, platters, pitchers, vases, table settings, silver ware, baskets...
- items NOT accepted: appliances, pots/pans, utensils, paper goods, books, food...
- groups or pairs of items will be counted as ONE item (ie: a pair of lamps, or a set of matching dishes).
- NO VALUE WILL BE ASSIGNED TO YOUR ITEMS, so if you'll feel cheated out of your Tiffany lamp being swapped for a Target mirror, don't bring it!
- please also bring an appetizer to share! hooray for a fun morning with friends! (please, only nursing infants- no older children may attend!)
- questions? leave me a comment, email me, facebook me, call me! just don't stalk me. i don't like that.
* this is not an exclusive event by ANY means! first 15 women to commit are IN.
thanks again to Nester for the idea... she's kind of my source for all things pretty & fun! : )